Wednesday 17 August 2011

A visit to the dentist and purchasing Kevlar bicycle tyres

Staggered out of bed at 6:30am to get ready for a dental appointment. Mrs T and I caught the Number 9 bus at 8am, which actually arrived punctually. This being the summer school holidays, the traffic into the city was relatively quick. After a walk across Parker's Piece, I arrived half an hour early but fortunately had my Kindle with me.

The ever friendly Ms Kenny, gently anaesthetised my left inferior alveolar nerve in order to repair two fillings on the rear lower molars. Ironically, the drilling was painless, it was the clamp around the teeth prior to applying the filling that caused pain as it had to be pushed right down onto the gum. Fortunately, the trial was soon over and I departed with a numb lower jaw and lip.

I met up with Ms T. at the railway station and we then made our way into town to purchase some Egyptian Pounds from Marks & Spencer, the relevant office being situated just around the corner from the ladies lingerie. We then went our separate ways.

Having missed the next bus to Milton, I had time to spare and sought out some new outer tyres for my bicycle. In particular, I was looking for Schwalbe Kevlar tyres that are much more resistant to punctures. The stall at Cambridge Market had a pair at a cool £35 each, so I walked further up towards Hill's Road to Howe's Cycles, where the same tyres were only £22 each.

On the way back to the bus stop, I purchased a maple syrup and walnut icecream and felt my spirits lifted at last after the lingering effects of the dental treatment.

Returning home, I spent an hour before lunch replacing the tyres on my bicycle.

For the afternoon, I completed the proofreading of the scientific article begun yesterday, a task that took another 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google