Monday 20 June 2011

On networking, on the phone, in print, in person

The run of three consecutive days of migraines is thankfully over and this mornings e-mail box was not too onerous. I was blessed with two calls, one from Mr Straus, on his way from Thetford to Huntingdon, whom I invited to drop by for a quick coffee, and Mr Heker. The latter was more a quick social call, curtailed by the arrival of Mr Straus, whom I introduced via Skype before the call ended.

Mr Straus was in need of a strong coffee as he was currently running on 120 percent due to the confluence of several projects, Sri Lanka being a major feature in his plans. Fortunately I had not started revising some of his designs as his febrile activity had already moved on to further changes.

With less than a fortnight till I present a workshop on how to network, It was imperative to complete the electronic poster to be mailed out by Ms Ekblom from the Huntingdonshire Business Network. I perceive the event as an interactive one, with some structure and key elements to include but also drawing heavily on the needs and feedback of the participants attending. Whilst many are still taking the first steps into physical networking, the influence of new technologies had also brought on changes on how to follow up contacts using the multiplicity of online social tools. Our corporeal selves also have to be augmented by our own ethereal presences in the wider internet.

The day rounded off with an initial short answer to a prospect's question, of what services were included in my provisions for authors as a publisher. When I had finished, the result extended over three A4 pages – and not due to excessive verbosity on my part!

Evocative phrase from this evenings Eurythmics track “I was dreaming like a Texan girl. A girl who thinks she's got the right to everything.” And so she should!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google